Call for Proposals: Webinars
Submit a webinar proposal for our 2021 summer calendar.
Our summer 2021 webinar series runs May through October.
Webinars will be held at 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM (Pacific Time) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
If your proposal is selected, NWeLearn will contact you regarding scheduling. Scheduling is on a first-come first-served basis, but we will do our best to accommodate your requested date and time.
Submission deadlines depend on when you want to present.
|Presentation timeframe||Submission deadline|
|May – June||Monday, April 19th|
|July – August||Monday, June 14th|
|September – October||Monday, August 9th|
You can choose your preferred month on the submission form.
We can accommodate a variety of formats including panel discussions, interactive discussions, individual presentations, and live question and answer sessions with the audience.
- Length: 60 minutes
- Presenters can decide how to use this time. Most webinars involve 30-45 minutes of presenting and 15-30 minutes of Q&A or other audience participation.
- Hosting: NWeLearn
- NWeLearn will be hosting the webinars. Presenters do not need to have a Zoom account or license.
- Platform: Zoom
- On the submission form, presenters can indicate preference for Zoom’s “Webinar” or “Meeting” format. Generally, if your presentation has substantive audience participation, you should choose the “Meeting” option. See Zoom’s meeting and webinar comparison for full details on the differences.
- Viewing: Live and recorded
- Webinars are streamed live and the recordings are uploaded to our YouTube channel for future viewing. Presenters are encouraged to upload their presentation materials to our Google Drive so we can make them available to attendees.
Once submitted, your webinar proposal will be reviewed by the NWeLearn board. Submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to online learning and teaching
- Timeliness of topic
- Completeness of proposal
Speakers will be notified of our decision regarding proposals within two weeks of the submission deadline.
Answers to commonly asked questions
- Provide presentation materials to NWeLearn no later than 24 hours following the webinar.
- Join at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your presentation to set up and test the technology.
- Provide the technology and infrastructure to promote the webinar.
- Handle registration, hosting, and accessing of the webinar and related materials.
- Moderate the webinar. This includes introducing the presenters, facilitating audience engagement by helping presenters with the Q&A, chat, live polling, and/or breakout rooms. Each webinar usually has two NWeLearn moderators.
- Join at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the presentation to set up and test the technology.
Past Webinars and Topics of Interest
Check out our summer 2020 webinars to get an idea of topics that are of interest to the NWeLearn community.