Establish and promote a community of faculty, administrators, and support staff in educational institutions in the Pacific Northwest to share ideas and provide mutual support in the use of technologies, tools, and techniques for the advancement of electronic teaching and learning.
- Share best practices in pedagogy, instructional design, system and program management in electronic environments.
- Collaborate on use of learning technologies.
- Provide feedback and ideas for improved functionality to product developers.
- Gather participants for face-to-face collaboration, learning, and support in an annual conference.
Our GovernanceA steering committee of representatives from the user community governs activities. The membership has input into that steering committee each year, during a business meeting at the annual conference. The following positions comprise the steering committee. This pattern is designed to balance the need for stability and continuity with the need for input and fresh leadership from across the region.
- Chair: Responsible for organizing meetings and providing group direction. Chairmanship begins following the annual conference, on or about November 1.
- Chair-elect: This person will be chair in the following year. The chair-elect is also the secretary of the organization.
- Past chair: The retiring chair from the previous year.
- Treasurer: Appointed from the Steering Committee. This may be an ongoing position to facilitate smooth business transactions.
- State representatives, up to two for each state (WA, OR, ID).
- Elected or affirmed by the membership at the annual meeting
- One-year term, no term limit
- At-Large representatives, who simply have an interest in serving.